Down at Long Line Surf School we take the safety aspects of the sport very seriously. Don’t worry it is not a buzz kill but we like to make sure that you are as safe as possible while having a fun time surfing. In some cases we actually take more safety precautions than the sport’s national governing body says you must have. So that should keep your mind at ease when it comes to people who are very safety precautious. The reason that we are explaining this is because some people tend to think that the ocean is a very dangerous place and should not be “played in” by people who are not use to it, but that is the great thing about Long Line Surf School is that we are here to guide you through a fun experience and also give you some knowledge about the sea and the different characteristics which it holds. Here are a few little points to show that we have thought of you when it comes to safety:
- All our coaches are qualified coaches and qualified lifeguards which all have experienced lifeguarding on the North Coast so they know these waters like the back of their hands.
- We carry out risk assessments on all areas which we use down at the surf school from the water to the beach walkway. We have covered it all!
- Before you can even take a lesson with us we get you to fill out a health and safety consent form so if you have any medical issues then we will know about it and resolve any problems which you may have but usually this will not stop you from surfing.
- There is an Emergency Action Plan which has been created for the lessons and can be seen at the unit but we will also go over parts of EAP during the beginning of the lesson so everyone will know what to do. But we are very safe and positive so there will be no emergencies
- We are also fully insured and covered by a public liability insurance which also covers injury and damage to third parties.