2. Health and Safety Check: We will collect in health and safety forms which you have filled out so we can advice you appropriately on how the lesson will run.
3. Get your kit on! : We will kit you out with a surfboard, a warm well fitting wetsuit and a very stylish Long Line high visibility rash vest so we know exactly where you are when we get in the water.
4. Changing: Personal belongings can be left in the unit and valuables can be locked up in the secure safety box.
5. Warm up: We will then walk down to the beach through a short scenic route over the sand dunes. Once we get settled on the beach then you will be taken through a gentle warm up and be taken over surf safety information.
6. Dry Land Coaching: This will consist of explanations, demonstrations and you practising your skills with the coach keeping a close eye on you and what you can do to improve on certain skills you may already know. What you are taught in this lesson will depend on your knowledge and level of surfing. In some cases you may go in the water first for the coach can see exactly where you are at to decide how to teach you from there.
7. Water coaching: When we go in the water your coach will watch you constantly and be able to give you positive feedback and encouragement and how to improve. This is usually the best place to be told where to improve because the coach can see exactly what you are doing when you surf. In some cases you may be taken back on the beach to be showed how to do a certain technique again so you won’t fall behind. Demonstrations can be a great tool in learning as you can see exactly what is needed to be done.
8. Final Tips: When lesson comes to an end then you will be given final tips on how to keep improving and practice standing. Then it’s time to dry off!